So 10 days from now will bring the final results of the vote, and we will know 100% if there will be a strike or not. My hope is that the professors and faculty will accept the offer and continue operations as usual. I understand their demands, and I agree with them on a few things however in order for negotiation to work both sides have to make a compromise - so its time to think about the 200,000+ students that will suffer if they do go on strike. It's my last semester of college, I would really like to make the most of my educational experience and get what I have paid for. Not to mention if the they do strike and it extends the semester my whole summer will be messed up. (a trip before starting work mid-May).
So lets all just keep our fingers crossed that there is no strike, and if there is...lets hope it lasts 1-2 weeks max.
[steps off soapbox]
Thank goodness next week is reading week, I need time to catch up with school work. Sidenote, I register my baby for JK tomorrow.
Flashback! Jacob at 6 months
Jacob just shy of 4
Two very important friends in my boy's life....Spot and Mira (my-ra).
They go everywhere with him.



No comments:
Post a Comment