Friday, January 22, 2010

day 22: reward chart

I've been meaning to do something like this for awhile, but I never really got around to it. With the attitude he's had recently and the tantrums/general fussiness that has been going on I think we need to do something in order to 'earn' privileges.

I googled reward chart and found this.

So my plan is to make something similar, but on a foam board instead of felt. If it doesn't turn out, I won't be really sad cause it cost me about $4 for all the stuff at the dollar store. But I'm hoping it'll work, atleast for a little while.

I'm planning on putting activites such as
- going to bed on time
- brushing my own teeth
- getting dressed in the morning
- doing 3 pages (from an activity book - letters, numbers, shapes etc)
- no fussing (he freaks whenever I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do)

I haven't figured out what kind of rewards he'll get..but they will be things like
- for X stars, he'll earn X

I think if he goes the whole week with a full chart, he'll get either a new movie, a new book, a day out with mommy or $5 to spend at the dollar store? Maybe....I'm not sure yet lol.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is a great idea. I have never done one. But I have heard other moms that have and it works if you stick with it. Good luck. Take a photo and share when you are finished making it please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea. I think we might start something like this for potty training

    ReplyDelete