So after my funk yesterday (which is a long and complicated story) I decided to skip school today to sleep in. Jake and I woke up at about 8, I dropped him off at daycare shortly after 9, and then I ran some errands.
I went to Wal*Mart and bought some yogurt ($1/tub!) and the movie Ps. I love you among a few other things.
Then I went to Old Navy, where this weekend if you wear red, a maple leaf or anything that says Canada on it you get 30% off your purchase. I ended up buying Jake 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 2 pairs of flip flops and a hat for $48. Talk about an awesome deal.
Then I went to Michaels and bought some more stuff for that reward chart I posted about before...I changed my mind and now I'm making it out of felt because I think it'll look nicer. I also bought wall decals (planets, stars etc) which will look awesome in our room.
After that, I met a friend for coffee. It was really nice to see her again, I wish we could hang out more often, but we're both really busy. It was a really nice way to spend the afternoon. She took me to a store in Uptown Waterloo called Kid Kouture. It's a boutique that sells highend childrens clothing (brands like Blu, Deux par Deux...Catamini?) Anyway, I bought 5 shirts from there for him at like $15 a peice (a great deal if you ask me). They are having a huge sale on all Fall and Winter clothing - its all 50% off! Designer clothing for half the price....fabulous if you ask me! It's one of my new favourite stores I think.
My Loot.
Shirts from Kid Kouture.
When I got home, a dress I bought the other day had arrived! I was hesitant about buying it because I didn't know how it would fit, but I looooooove it! I can't wait for spring so I can wear it all the time.
Cute huh? It looks funny because a) its a mirror picture and b) my jeans are still on...but isn't it adorable?! I'm glad the London Moms talked me into it.
All in all...it was a very productive day. I'm glad I took time for myself today...lets hope this improves my mood for awhile.





That dress is sooo cute! I'm glad you decided to get it!
ReplyDeleteYAY! So glad you had fun shopping, we should do it more often. I adore that dress!!! OMG so cute, I may be weird but i kinda like it with the jeans.
ReplyDeletelove the dress!
ReplyDeleteNo you're not weird...I like it with the jeans too. But I think I need skinny jeans (not so baggy) in order for it to look right. These are just a bit too loose.
ReplyDeleteWe should totally hang out more often, I had a great time today!
Sounds like a very satisfying day! I am envious...for more than one reason!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that dress!!! Please tell me where you got it from! Just adorable!
The brand is Vertigo, it came from the store Anthropologie. I bought it second hand (new with tags, but not from a store)....I can try to find more information if you want to maybe search Ebay? It's an older style so I don't know where you would find it.
ReplyDeletesounds like a good day ... love the loot ... and especially the dress ... it looks great on you
ReplyDelete