I know alot of people say that meal planning helps them cut down on both time spent trying to decide what to have for dinner as well as the amount spent on groceries.
I'm thinking I may give it a try for a couple weeks. I do most (correction: all) of the cooking around here, so laying out exactly what I'm going to make and when would definately cut down on the stress of dinner time.
I recently bought a recipe binder from Chapters to hold all of my recipes, so if I get that sorted out, I could probably make this work for us. I'm trying to get us all eating healthier, and I would like to start bringing a lunch with me to school to cut down on my meal expenses (Last week I spent $60 on lunch, coffee and eating out *eeeeek*)
What would you bring to school for a lunch? Nothing that needs reheating - so that kind of limits things huh? What about breakfast? What are some of your go-to dinners? Do you prep some things in order to make dinner time easier? What if you have picky eaters (Jake, Dad and Brother)? Any recipe suggestions?
Alot of questions, I know.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Easy, one thing at a time. First try meal planning, then worry about the rest. My meal planning is easy. 1 complicated/new recipe, 3 easy recipes and 3 prepared meals. In a perfect world I wouldn't use prepared meals, in reality there are some days work exausts me and they fit the bill.
ReplyDeletePicky eaters must try a few bites of something on their plate. After supper is finished they get a peanut butter sandwich or fruit.
For lunch try things like sandwiches, wraps, deluxe salads (with leftover protein), crackers and cheese, boiled eggs. Lots of fruit and veggies and you have a yummy healthy lunch.