Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 7: Bar night, Smar night

So why is it that every time I have an evening that is kid free that I always end up changing my plans 3 or 4 times? Nothing ever works out on kidfree nights...ever. But I make the best of what I'm given.
Tonight, I was supposed to hang out with my BFF. We had made plans to go to Symposium for dessert and then I was going to come home and organize my room.....well we went for dessert and she managed to talk me into going to the bar with her for a little bit. I was DD so we were just going to say hi to a few people and had agreed to leave at midnight.
Well we got to the bar, and the line was outrageous! It was at least an hour wait and that does not = fun when you're wearing stilettos. So we decided to go to a different bar where her brother could get us in and avoid the line.....well he's had no plans to go there before 11:30 so we nixed that idea pretty quickly. So on the drive home, we decided to go to McPukes....in our bar clothes.

Two chicks in Mcdonalds at 11:00pm...one in a dress and the other in stilettos. We got a few funny looks thats for sure. But we had a good time and thats all that really matters.
On the way home we realized that it was this exact night last year that we tried to go to the same bar....well we did actually go. But we waited in line for 45 minutes and I had frozen toes...it was an awful experience so I'm glad we managed to avoid it this year.
A self portrait....after tomorrow...I'll be blonde again!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment. And cute picture! Are you doing your hair yourself or are you going somewhere to get it done? I'm thinking of going blonde too!

    Also, we have a babysitter here on Tuesday nights, so if you're ever free we should meet up for coffee or drinks. Let me know. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!I'm actually going to the place beside Macs on Westforest Trail (Glo Hair Studio). Amanda has done my hair for almost a year and I loooooove it. She's fabulous and their prices are great ($10 for kids cuts, $36 for adults...taxes included).

    I would love to meet up for coffee/drinks sometime. Tuesdays are great, generally everyone is home so I can leave Jake with them.

    ReplyDelete