Wednesday, January 20, 2010

day 20: gettin' healthy

So Monday marked a good start to year 2010. I reinstated my gym membership and have sworn to myself that I WILL meet my goals by the end of 2010. My friend Kayla joined the gym, and we've made a deal to make the most of the membership.

I have approximately 40lbs to lose to be where I think I would be comfortable. So far, I'm down 3lbs. I'll be weighing in on Friday mornings and will probably post my weekly loss so that I can keep a tab on it. Ideally,  I would like to lose most of it before my birthday (June 19) but I will be more realistic and say half by the end of the semester which is April.

My plan is to do portion control, with some weight watchers tracking thrown in. I'll be going to the gym 3 times a week (M,W,F) and doing the 30 Day Shred atleast twice a week.

If you have any tips/suggestions/advice/recipes etc...please don't hesitate to share them. I'm looking for all the assistance I can get. This is an ambitious plan, but I really really need to get out of this rut.

A before photo....not the greatest but it'll do. I'll try to take a new one tomorrow.

4 comments: